Nov 9, 2010

Temptation

  Tonight I made chocolate chip cookie-dough brownies with chocolate ganache- ooooooooh, the house smells sublime! I can't wait to try them tomorrow :) Although their ostensibly for a going-away party at the boys-and-girls club, I'm thinking not many will actually make it there :). They taste pretty amazing, but they're a bit too rich for casual consumption.  Honestly, next time I won't add the ganache, because as tasty as it is, it overpowers the already delicious chocolaty flavour.  I think what happened is the recipe was intended for use with Betty-Crocker mixes, and as famous as they are, they have nothing on Ghirardelli.  The brownies and cookies I used were so flavorful that they didn't need the extra chocolate- but all was not lost- they are delicious with a glass of milk, or hot with ice-cream.... Healthy, no? ;)
Mmmmmmmmmm.....chocolate :D



Cooks Illustrated recipe- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mmm mm, swimming in chocolate- just the way I like it

No comments:

Post a Comment