Jan 3, 2011

Havaii

No, that's not a spelling error, that's the traditional pronunciation of "Hawaii." Due to a pronounced lack of letters in the original alphabet taught to Hawaiians, however, it is spelled with a w not a v.  You learn something new every day- including that if you want to teach 7-12 year-olds to hula, it's best to start with the hand motions, and forget about the feet.  Today was my first day back-to-work after an amazing two week vacation, and I discovered something.  Teachers don't want to come back anymore than the students do! Seriously, waking up at 6 this morning was brutal.  I still love my job, it'll just take me a little while to get my act together again :)
  Speaking of vacation, Hawaii was AMAZING.  I could happily move there, just give me a reason :).  It was warm, and sunny, and I even got used to the humidity.  It was also beautiful, and relaxing, and beautiful, and sunny, and warm, and... sigh, I miss it dreadfully already.  To keep this from becoming a blow-by-blow account of my incredible trip, I shall instead post a plethora of pictures



















No comments:

Post a Comment