Oct 24, 2010

It's raining, it's POURING

   I guess this means winter has finally come in earnest- rainy rainy rainy.  Oh well, I enjoyed the beautiful sunshiny days while they lasted :)
  Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were a 1/2 day, a conference day, and a day off respectively which was nice, and I even got to make-up hours on Thursday by helping with set-up for next session.  Yay for working :).  Tomorrow was supposed to be pumpkin games, but since it's pretty cold and wet, I think we'll have a computer-lab day, and save the games for Tuesday when we have the gym.
   On Friday Gma, Gpa, Lori and I went to Verna's funeral in Lebanon.  Dottie spoke, and it was very nice, but surprisingly short.  After a wonderful pot-luck lunch, I headed off to Albany for a day of shopping with Lenore, then to Wiley Creek to see Claire at her dad's house.  When Claire's step-mom died, she left three sewing machines, and Claire was sweet enough to give me one of them, and yesterday she gave me some fun material too :) I'm excited, and there are already plans taking shape in my mind :)
   Cooking-wise I guess I took a bit of a break, but last night I made sesame chicken whole-wheat wraps that were really yummy, and then cakesters with bright blue frosting (for everyone else of course... haha)

The wrap, plus left-overs of the spaghetti dish :)
Cakesters! :)
   I love love love fresh tomatoes and avocados, I'm not sure how I ever survived without them :)
Now I'd better work on finishing my skirt, or I won't have a costume for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment