Oct 16, 2010

Lazy Saturday

  Last night the power went out around eight, and instead of doing productive things by lantern light (really cute lantern btw) I fell asleep- glasses still on.  I guess my wonderful day with Shelly and Martha and the boys wore me out :)
  We went to a really fun indoor bounce place, ran around and had a blast until we were exhausted, then picked up Martha's mother-in-law and went to a park for lunch and more fun!  Lots of laughing and running around in the sun :)   I didn't get many pictures, but this one is precious :)

 Oh, and those cookies turned out soooo yummy. :) I found a wonderful death-by-chocolate recipe, and played with it a bit... well, suffice to say they aren't lasting long.  They're good enough that I probably shouldn't make them anymore... at least not until after winter break ;) but more about that later :D
  Today was so fun, after waking up a little late (oops;) we finally got to have some of the sourdough waffles which had been getting yummier and yummier in our fridge this week.  I like the way they turned out, and we even have some left for tomorrow! Thanks Daddy :)
  Then Grandpa and I went to an old cider mill.  The Mill had broken down, but it was still fun, and we got a whole bag of delicious apples :)  After apples, and a little grocery shopping, we went to the grand re-opening of Safeway.  I couldn't tell what had changed, but we had a blast anyway :)  We got lots of yummy samples, and bagels fresh out of the oven- they were so hot I couldn't hold them :D.  When we checked out, the lines were crazy long, and ppl were everywhere, but we found a semi-short express line.  The guy in front of us decided to put some of his stuff back, so we only had to wait a little, but when he came back, Grandpa had him go in front of us.  Safeway was awarding random $25 gift certificates, and we won one! (I think bc the checker was impressed with Gpa :)
  We concluded our lazy day with a steak and potatoes dinner, a cookie, and some brisk exercise for me (well, a little ;)  Now I'm just looking forward to meeting tomorrow :)
  Oh, and I need ideas for these adorable fat quarters I picked up in Corvallis yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment