Wow, what a week... and it's not over yet! :)
Monday marked the switch from me partner teaching with Mrs. Webb, to taking over the gym classes, and thankfully it went very smoothly. I got my lessons ready, and even managed to incorporate the session themes... Yay! :) I still have a lot to learn, but I'm enjoying it, and handling the added responsibilities as they come. I also have started working with the homework club in the morning at Foster, checking math, and helping students who didn't understand mostly. It's been fun so far, even though I have to get up at 6, and I might even start getting paid for it soon :)
Speaking of getting paid... most of my co-workers are teachers at various schools, and they want me to get on the sub list. One even said once I am, I'll be her first call. I'm very excited, and a little nervous too- what a way to kick-start my career :) I still have to take a test and wade through the paper work, but this is such an amazing opportunity, I'm a little blown-away.
Today we met with an ecologist, who will be partnering with the after school program at Foster to get the students outside and learning with hands-on activities and demonstrations. I'm really excited about this, and will be working with her to integrate this into their "PE" time.
Oh, I made another experimental dish tonight, and though it hardly resembled the recipe it was born from, it turned out yummy.... and surprisingly healthy. I used whole-wheat spaghetti, baked marinated chicken, olive oil, vinegar (basalmic works best), leeks, spinach, a bit of sugar, salt, oregeno, basil, italian seasoning, sundried tomatoes, and almonds. You could also add mild italian cheese and parmesan if you like, but since I'm not really into cheese I "forgot" :)
Since I've been working *so* hard this week, I decided to treat myself... teeheehee, three new books from Friends of the Library... YAY! Guess what I'll be doing tonight... not sleeping, that's for sure ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment