I've had the privilege of two conventions since my last post, Saginaw 2, and Boring 2, and both were truly wonderful. Boring was last week, and there was such sweet fellowship and richness there, I feel so full :). An interesting thing about Boring 2 though, is that it's fairly small at the beginning, but since it's over Labour day weekend and it's the last one on the west coast, everyone seems to come for the weekend. By Sunday, it was the biggest convention I had been to, and there were a ton of young people. After the last meeting on Sunday, we went to a get-together at the Woodruff's , were we had pizza and a sing, and then Max Bowman and Dan Sherick spoke. It was the biggest get-together I'd ever been to, but it was nice, and really neat to get to hear some of Max and Dan's stories, and their testimonies. I've gotten so many wonderful conventions this year, it's hard to face returning to the real world, but pretty soon special meetings will be starting, and I am looking forward to our little meetings too :)
I'm also very happy to report that I finally found a job, and it's better than I could have hoped. I don't start until tomorrow, but I will be working at the Foster after school program as a representative from the Boys and Girls Club. This way I will get to work with kids, and since my job doesn't start till the end of the school day, I can volunteer or work at the school too! I'm very excited, and I really can't wait to start. My boss is really nice too :)
We also have another wonderful privilege, tomorrow Dellas Lineman is coming for lunch! I've never gotten to spend time with him, but Dellas has been at most of the conventions I have this year, and I've come to especially look forward to hearing him. I only wish that my job didn't start tomorrow so that I would have more time with him, and with his brother who is also coming.
Oh my, I didn't mean to write a novel, but there you go, and without a single picture to make it interesting ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment