Sep 8, 2010

Two masters

A man cannot serve two masters, but I do have two bosses :)
Yesterday I went and was oriented at the Boys and Girls Club, met everyone and learned policies and procedures, and what will be expected of me.  Then, my boss and I went to Foster Elementary to meet my supervisor there, and learn everything about their program, policies, and what I will be doing.  Lots and lots of information for one poor head to deal with, and even homework in the form of things to take home and read.  I turns out my responsibilities will be slightly more challenging than I originally thought, but I'm really excited.  For the first two weeks, I will be working with the lady who runs the PE portion of the program, and then she will move to another section, and I will be running it.  That means I will be in charge of coming up with activities as well as carrying them out, and responsible for the kids, although I will have someone else with me.  I hope I will get a better idea of what activities work, because my guidelines so far are activities that develop upper body strength, fine motor skills, communication skills, and tie in with the theme of "space exploration." Yikes.  On the plus side, I have access to a ton of arts and craft supplies, and a fully equipped gym, plus anything else I think I need.  Once I actually start, I will be developing and turing in lesson plans to me supervisor, like a real teacher, just not a certified one.  I really like the school though, it has a good atmosphere and from what I've seen, amazing teachers.  I like both my bosses, and my only disappointment is that I will not be working on Fridays unless they need a sub at the Boys and Girls Club.
  I also got in on the lovely visit with Dellas and his brother Lloyd yesterday, I got back before they left.  It was nice to see Dellas in a different setting, as I've seen him many times this year, but only at convention :)

No comments:

Post a Comment