Sep 14, 2010

First Days

  Well, The first day was a little crazy, a little disorganized, and actually a little boring too :).  There was a lot of introductions (only of the teachers) and rules, and wondering what came next.  I did get to help with the food, which was fun, and the kids were friendly and numerous :)
  Today was my favorite so far, by far.  The kids are mostly divided by grade level for this session, because they're doing a writing focus and it's hard to do writing in a multi-grade level setting.  Normally, the groups will be 20-25 kid in a mix of 1st-6th, but for the next few weeks its 1st&2nd, 2nd&3rd, 4th&5th, 5th&6th.  Mrs. Webb and I were working with the groups one at a time in the gym, playing name games and letting them run around a little.  I have to admit, the 1st-3rd graders are my favorite, but I'm sure I'll have fun with the older ones as well.  The funny thing is I'm not nearly as tired today as I was yesterday, perhaps because it's tiring to be confused and out of my element :)
  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful job, I know over half the kids by name now, and I can't wait for tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment