Sep 19, 2010

"Lazy" Sunday

 What a wonderful, mixed up day.  Meeting this morning was so full of love and encouragement, and such wonderful thoughts.  It must have tired me out though, because after a lovely roast for lunch, I flopped on my bed and slept for four hours, tights and all! I woke up to the news that Grandpa had locked the keys in the car at Aunty Lori's, so we were to take the truck over and give him a spare set, but we had no keys to the truck.  Grandpa and Aunty Lori ended up driving the other truck over, picking up Grandma and the keys, and going back to get the car.  What a mess!

 I meanwhile designated myself coordinator at the farm, which means I stayed home and made myself dinner while everyone else drove around in the pouring rain :).  Wait, that sounds really selfish... um... does it help that I cleaned the kitchen and made biscuits from scratch? Grandpa and Grandma seemed to think so :). I also got to eat an amazing artichoke, and a really yummy avocado, mmmm.  I love being here, where all the fruits and vegetables are fresh and delish.

I probably should mention last week too :)
Wednesday and Thursday were so fun at work, line-tag and dodge-ball respectively.  Since I'm still shadow teaching there's no pressure on me right now so I'm just learning how things work,  and attempting to develop my "teacher voice."  The kids are really fun, and they already recognize me, and say hi when they see me outside of Foster.  On Friday, the Boys and Girls Club had a special "Day for Kids," so I went over there and helped out. The middle school's reptile club brought over its creepy crawlies, so I ended up doing crowd control for the exhibit.  There were about ten different types of snakes, a leopard gecko, a baby american alligator (abt 2 ft long), and my least favorite- a tarantula.  All of the reptiles were held by members of the club, and you could hold them if you wanted to. It was actually really cool, although I never did get up the nerve to hold any of them.  It was a bit weird though to see seventh and eight graders with snakes draped around their necks or arms, or even on their heads.

 Now I'm going to get my act together and clean my room- maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment